Ergo as a Client/Server system
For use over a computer network environment with a remote server, Ergo proposes now its Client/Server version. This version:
- offers a higher performance even if data are kept on a remote server (eg internet server, VPN connection, etc)
- offers an increased data security, especially against data losses caused by sudden connection-interruptions.
- protects data against unauthorized access from Windows users.
- uses SQL technology to interrogate and manage the databases.
How does the Client/Server system functions ?
- Ergo's SQL compatible date-server-modul is installed on the server. This modul is configured further to the client's needs (users and access rights, backup procedures, disk folders, etc)
- Ergo is installed as usually on each work station (PC) and it is configured in order to access the data server.